Thanks to timeless icons like Audrey and new-age babes like Cara, eyebrows are having a major moment. So what’s a girl to do when her brows are a little sparse (looking at you, Mona Lisa), unpredictable or shapeless? Here to help is one of the fastest growing methods in cosmetic makeup: microblading.
Microblading (a.k.a. eyebrow embroidery, micro-stroking and feather touch) is a semi-permanent technique that implants pigment under the skin using a specialized handheld tool. A series of very fine needles produces thin, hair-like strokes to define and fill in your brows. And because the color is deposited just beneath the skin, the result is full, realistic brows, with each hair drawn individually.
The microblading technique takes two procedures to complete: an initial appointment and a touch-up appointment to perfect the look and shape of your new brows. You’ll enjoy your beautiful, well-shaped brows for 12-18 months. (Keep in mind that factors like skin type, skin condition, and sun, chlorine and salt water exposure can affect your microbladed brows’ retention time.)
HOW LONG DOES A MICROBLADING TREATMENT TAKE?
HOW LONG CAN I EXPECT IT TO LAST?
DOES THE APPLICATION HURT?
HOW LONG IS THE RECOVERY OR HEALING TIME?
DOES IT HURT AFTERWARDS?
HOW DO YOU CHOOSE A COLOR?
WILL MY MICROBLADED BROWS LOOK FAKE?
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS DURING OR AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
Have we left you with some unanswered questions? Call us at (414) 765-1985 for more information.
The initial procedure takes about 2 hours, during which we discuss your desired brow shape, choose a color and draw the initial outline of the procedure area for you to approve. While faces are not perfectly symmetrical, we’ll create as much symmetry as possible. When you’ve approved your brow shape and symmetry, the area is traced over with a disposable microblading hand tool and semi-permanent pigment is applied. Please note the tool is used by hand and is not a machine.
The touch-up procedure takes approximately 1 hour. This appointment is scheduled between 5 and 10 weeks from your initial appointment. Touch-up procedures scheduled after 10 weeks will incur an additional touch-up fee as outlined in our schedule.
For optimal results, it is imperative you complete the touch-up procedure. Your brow color will fade significantly within 4 weeks as the skin heals, peels and fades, and the touch-up fixes any irregularities in the microbladed hair strokes and color tones.
*Before your service, you will be asked to fill out our consent form. Please read it carefully as it will help determine your eligibility for this service.
- Do not tweeze or wax your brows 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Do not dye your brows within 48 hours of the procedure.
- Do not use aspirin, ibuprofen, niacin or Vitamin E prior to the procedure.
- Do not tan or have a sunburned face.
- Do not consume alcohol or caffeine 24 hours prior to the procedure. This helps reduce the amount of bleeding.
- Do not exercise the day of your procedure.
- We’ll ask to fill out a consent form before your service. Please read it carefully as it will help you determine if you’re eligible for this service.
- Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes before your appointment to complete additional paperwork.
- are pregnant or nursing
- are undergoing chemotherapy
- have a viral infection or disease
- have epilepsy
- have heart problems
- have skin irritations or psoriasis or the eyebrows
- are currently sick
- have had Botox in the last 2 months
- are currently using Accutane
- are diabetic
PLEASE NOTE: Microblading results in a very natural and fuller-looking brow. While your brows will initially appear darker, they will fade significantly over a two-week period. It is absolutely crucial to have a touch-up procedure completed. It is also difficult to predict how well your skin will retain the pigment. Due to this and other varying factors, we cannot guarantee your microblading results.